Keep safe and healthy this winter
Devon County Council have issued some tips to stay well this winter. You may find some of these useful:
Top tips keep yourself healthy and your home warm this winter: by Devon County Council
- If you meet the criteria, register for priority service with your energy and water suppliers.
- Have all gas, solid fuel and oil burning appliances (i.e. boilers, heaters, cookers) serviced by a registered engineer.
- Carry out energy efficiency improvements to your home or encourage your landlord to do so
- Look out for friends and family who may be vulnerable to the cold and ensure they have access to warm food, drinks and managing to heat their homes adequately.
- Try to maintain indoor temperatures to at least 18C, particularly if you are not mobile, have long term illness or are 65 or over.
- Protect water pipes from freezing by insulating them
- Check to see if you qualify for financial help this winter.
- Don’t put off getting the flu vaccination; if you’re eligible get it now. It’s free because you need it.
Keep safe and healthy!